Monday, August 6, 2012

It's the Most -------- Time of the Year...

I know what the Staples commercials say, but I am not sure my tune sounds the same. Today was our first day back and I missed my little man like CRAZY. 

I hated dropping him off. 
I hated that someone else got to see his cute sleepy face after a nap. 
I hated that I was going to miss whatever new thing he decided to marvel the world with today. 
I hated it. 

I was sad all day. I found myself flipping through the picture gallery on my phone - thank goodness for camera phones!

Come on working moms, tell me I will hate this less as time goes on. 

My morning was filled with meetings (as most BTS weeks are) and then MORE meetings in the afternoon. I need to get some real time in my room so I can organize and get things rolling. Ahhh! The next time I will be able to work in my room is Thursday, the night of 'Meet the Teacher'. Stress factor = HIGH! 
I was able to get a few things done between meetings and missing my little man. My name tags are all set to go and most furniture is back where it belongs. 

Remember...?
And this...?
Well, with an unpaid work day last week and a few good minutes today...
I have a ton of little things to do and millions of BTS copies to make, but they will all have to wait until Thursday. :(  Until then, I will be in meetings and professional developments stressing about all that still needs to be done.  Ahh!

How is your BTS week going?



3 comments:

  1. Aww it is hard in the beginning, but it does get a bit easier leaving them as time goes by. Your room is looking great! Have a great school year! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is hard to leave your little one and all of those treasured moments. =(

    Your room is looking great! If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and check out our Way to Go jar and Hug your Heart jar. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!