Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving FREEBIE!

I hope you have been following the I Do, We Do, You Do! FB page during my 30 days of Project Gratitude!
This is a special time of year when should take a few extra minutes to remember all of the things we have to be thankful for.  It is so easy to get busy/distracted, but try and take a step back each day and be thankful for all that you have around you.

Our smallest learners tend to be thankful for people rather than things.  I love to read this poem with my kiddos each year and make a hand-print turkey!  Get your copy of this FREEBIE here!


They love their mom and dad (and grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles and...) so we send this home so that parents are reminded of these tiny little blessings in their lives.



I just print this poem on construction paper (free at my school) and have then write their names on the bottom.  I call them up and paint their hands.  They love it!  I paint the palm and the thumb brown for the body and the fingers fall colors for colorful turkey feathers.


After they are dry, I take a sharpie and draw feet and a beak. 

sorry it is up-side down, I can't get them to flip

I hope you and your kiddos love this poem as much as we do!


1 comment:

I love comments! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!