Saturday, September 29, 2012

Math Books

Oh my goodness.  cRaZiNeSs!  This past week has been so busy - good busy.  My mom was in town and we got to have a mommy/daddy vacation!  I loved it!

Back to business.  I was going back and forth FOREVER about how to manage our student workbooks in math.  This is the first year my school has ever given us a kindergarten student consumable.  I was nervous.  How the heck was I supposed to find the page EVERY day for EVERY kid until they learned to count past 10?!

(that's a lot of pages!)

Well, I love how my planner has a special bookmark that is attached so I started thinking of ways to attach something to the student books.

Voila!



I cut and glued a long piece of ribbon to the back cover of each book.  I think I measured it to be about 3-4inches longer than the book.






I thought that it was going to take FOR.EV.ER. but it actually moved very fast.  My kiddos love it and think they have something really special!  After a week or two of use, they are pretty good at it.


Hopefully you can use this idea in your room.  I purchased 3 spools (is that what they are called) of ribbon and only used 1 1/2 of them for 24 books.
In hindsight, I wish I would have bought a thicker ribbon.  Kids can be rough!



2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to do this with our Writers Notebooks. Thanks for the visual reminder! Glad to hear it went quickly!
    I am having a giveaway...
    http://growingfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this ribbon idea! I'm pinning ;)

    Also, you've been BOO-ed!!

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!